[Dailydrool] Poppy update

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:32:02 PST 2012

Poppy is still here surviving lymphoma.  Last week's chemo doesn't seem to
have any negative effect, but her nasty cyst has to go.  We took her into
the vet because of the stink.  The dang thing is the size of a baseball and
oozing.  We waited to see if it would get better on its own, but that's not
happening so she goes in on Monday to have it removed.  The vet thinks
she's now strong enough for the surgery and that it will be quick surgery.
 Poor old girl.  She does smell better.  She continues to lose weight, but
so far it's been weight she could afford to lose.  She can even "load up"
on the BUV so that she just needs a little boost to get in.  She's still
follows one of us at all times, but seems to her sassy self when it comes
to managing the "young'ns" of the basset pack.  Nothing wrong with her
vocal chords!!
Thanks for all the drool, it sure seems to help!