[Dailydrool] Dental care

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Jan 20 13:31:00 PST 2012

Heart healing drool to all those whose furbabies have went to the bridge.  My heart aches for you, and tears flow.  Homemade chicken jerky drool to all of the sick or injured hounds and humans.

I used PetzLife Spray for one bottle but now I use TropiClean clean teeth gel for the the boyz.  (there are 4 TropiClean products...Gel, foam, water additive and treats) This product is xyiltol free! All natural and made in the USA!  Both products worked well but I like the gel better and it has made a big improvement in their teeth.  Last year at the vet he had suggested their might be a possibility for needing a dental cleaning by their 6 month check up...at that check he asked me what I had been doing to their teeth because they looked great...just a little staining but no tarter and no gingivitis.  The gel says just to squirt a little on the teeth but I use a finger brush to spread it around and to really hit the problem areas.  I also give them science diet t/d large bites as a treat. (it is formulated to be a meal but the large bites are large enough that it makes a nice little treat for them)

The boyz still have a tad bit of buffalo (Taste of the Wild buffalo food) breath smell...I am thinking that this might be like coffee breath in humans. Unless you brush, or rinse after coffee you carry that coofee breath with you for a while.  If I am wrong someone please tell me! So I am thinking that I might add the TropiClean water additive to their water and hopefully give them kissable minty fresh breath.

Note: The gel is the only one that says that it reduces plaque and tarter.  The others just say they fight bad breath and promote healthy gums

http://www.tropiclean.net/categories/fresh-breath.php

TorpiClean clean teeth gel works fast and naturally to help reduce plaque and tartar on dogs and cats -- no toothbrush required. A proprietary blend of natural, holistic ingredients produce a healthy oral environment. Kills the germs that cause bad breath, plaque and gingivitis. Soothes minor gum irritations.

I don't have any connection to this company other than being a satisfied customer.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Kiss me momma"
Ruger "No Kiss me...I'm now minty fresh!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...