[Dailydrool] Getting Out

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 09:51:17 PST 2012

We have snow. Quite a bit compared to none at all. There are trails in the
yard and the street is not completely melted off altho the main streets are.
Nigel has not been outside since it snowed and two or three times yesterday
he went to the back door and was summarily marched back to the bed or couch.
I will not take him out in the back yard because we have to use a towel and
it kills my back. I mean, I am done for the day. He goes out and walks
clear around the yard and then comes back in. That's all. We have a big
yard. Nevertheless, I think today he is going out. John doesn't know this
yet. I will wait until John is hungry and then I'll say "Why don't you take
Nigel around the yard and I will fix your lunch?" Only it isn't really a
question at all. And he knows it.
The dogs are getting a treat for lunch. I made myself oatmeal with
blueberries in it for breakfast and it tasted like stale cardboard with
blueberries. Sorry, no can do. So there is a huge gob of it left, turning
into cement in the bowl, and I will give everydog a dollop of it except
Cooper, who feels the same way about oatmeal as I do. The Bassets love it.
But I had one who ate soap, so it isn't surprising, really.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper