[Dailydrool] Poppy fine after surgery

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:43:32 PST 2012

The old girl did just fine during her surgery.  HUGE scar on her
neck/chest.  She lost a lot of "droopy" skin, but what old girl couldn't
use a little lift now and then.
Anyway, the vet removed the cyst and every strange looking part near it.
 She found a huge mass behind the cyst and was very concerned because it
was on the vocal chords.  (Miss Poppy is a vocal girl.)  Anyway, Dr. T knew
she couldn't remove the mass and went to get some cells for testing and
WOOOSHHHHH the dang thing popped and went all over the room.  Another huge
cyst, right behind the first one.  More than likely nothing to worry about.

The prognosis is that if Poppy is still with us in another year, another
cyst will probably form.  She had one removed last year.  However, given
her lymphoma, that is highly unlikely.  She was a bit mopey last night, but
her snarky hungry self today.  I'm continually amazed at what she can
handle.  Dr. T was amazed that she was healthy enough for the surgery and
did so well.  We have noticed that her back legs are getting weaker.  Then
she goes and jumps out of the car with the young ones.  Go figure.  Gotta
go, she wants her walk NOW.