[Dailydrool] ABC Adoption Event

Sommer Slavin sommerslavin at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:24:33 PST 2012

I feel like I've finally caught up from the weekend!  I promised an update on the drool so here it is!  ABC's Basset Hound Adopt-A-Thon held at Camp Bow Wow, Tonawanda, NY on Sunday was a HUGE success.  In addition to the 16 dogs that ABC transported from four Southern Basset Rescues (Belly Rubs Basset Rescue of TN, Basset Hound Rescue of GA, N. Texas Basset Rescue, Dakota Rescue of TX) there were also five dogs relinquished in NY that were adopted.  (Three of the Southern Bassets were placed into foster care to work out health issues before being placed up for adoption).  18 homeless Bassets were placed into pre-approved permanent homes!  Thank you so much to all the rescues that either participated or were in touch to support the event.  Being newer to ABC this was an awesome experience getting to know so many basset people.  Pictures of the event are up on our website at www.nybasset.org if you'd like to see more.

Sommer Slavin
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
Intake Coordinator/Board Member
(585-) 507-0481