[Dailydrool] cornering and getting wet

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:21:23 PST 2012

------------------------

None of my current bassets can corner well. In fact, at our old house,
they made use of that,  They would slide into the turn, knowing they
would bounce off the wall and that would straighten them out to
continue the chase.  I've had a few fosters who CAN corner, though -
usually younger, lighter-bodied bassets- and they would frustrate my
resident hounds to no end with their superior Nascar-ing abilities.

Water bottles- there were days we  lived and died by our water
bottles.  When Hector was young, and before him, Pw. Annabelle the
Tornado, we had water bottles in every room.  They spent entire days
soaking wet..  To this day, all I have to do is pick up a spray bottle
(even Windex, etc.) and look at Hector, and he starts shaking his head
as if I've sprayed his face.

Young Bessie - to the other Beach Bassets and Debbie, all I have to
say is ahahahahahahha!  Just about the time you get Elwood and Jake
into manageable shape, you just HAD to bring home another young one to
test all of you!
--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!