[Dailydrool] Better Cornering Bassets

BRYAN MARTINEZ brymart at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 25 14:09:30 PST 2012

My first impression of these bassets that are not cornering well under
high speed is that their chassis is what
is termed in racing as 'loose' or as they say in open wheel racing
'oversteer'
my suggestion would be to lower the tire pressure on all four paws and
to reduce the size and  increase the angle of the rear spoiler. Now,
this will lower the straightaway speeds but the higher cornering
speeds will overall make a faster basset. You also might want to try
using less tape on the front grill to improve traction, but sometimes
bassets resist this.
Good luck and remember, a faster cornering basset is a happy basset.