[Dailydrool] Copycat poo eating

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Jan 25 21:08:41 PST 2012

Maybe it is partly a copycat thing, now that I consider the matter. None
of our dogs did it before the Shih Tzu came along... and we forgave her
as she was rescued from a puppy mill after being discarded at age 5.
Considering she'd spent all her life thereto in a cage raising puppies,
and obviously never having had enough to eat (she has no teeth), she
probably ate any scrap of anything lying around. (She had also never
experienced grass, sunlight or a loving hand. It has been 3 years now,
and she has just begun to allow her tummy to be exposed and petted --
but just so far -- going completely over on her back is not yet achieved
and may never be.)

Still, copy-catting or not, they KNOW we disapprove. It's obvious by the
way they try to slink back into the house, nonchalantly averting or
lowering their heads in hopes we won't notice what looks like a cigar
sticking out of their mouths. The more clever ones don't let anything
stick out. Don't EVER tell me they don't know they're doing something we
don't want done. There isn't an Oscar nominee in the bunch.

My vet says a couple of his dogs do it, too, so all hope is lost unless
some laboratory somewhere is working feverishly to come up with a
solution. There'd certainly be enough customers.

Riche (resigned)