[Dailydrool] Cats & rock landscaping

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 26 09:26:38 PST 2012

Hi all, clueless momPerson here,

Well, Snoopy is an occasional offender ... he won't eat his own but sometimes
snacks on Cyrus'  I try to get there first with the scooper and also Cyrus does
NOT like it and will poop on walks or the dog park or anywhere he's sure I can
clean up ahead of Snoopy.  The issue is neighborhood cats.  We have to be SO
careful on walks.  I would like to let the boys sniff to their hearts content
but they they find these "treasures" and they both gobble them up.

The worst of the worst is that several of my neighbors have put in red lava rock
to reduce weeding/maintenance.  These rocks are generally 2-3 inches in diameter
and irregularly shaped.  The problem of course is that cats LOVE to use these
rock covered beds for a toilet.  I don't know what my neighbors were thinking,
they are literally FULL of cat poop.  And if you walk by the dog will lung and
grab a turd AND all the rocks sticking to it and if you're not fast enough they
swallow the whole scary mess before you can blink.  It happened to me a couple
of times and I watched and worried for days hoping the dog didn't plug up or
stop eating and waiting to see the rocks come back out.  So far, so good and
every time it happens I add another house I cross the street to avoid on walks.

Sheesh.

--Dale