[Dailydrool] Update from Beth H. to my Daily Drool family

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Fri Jan 27 05:42:31 PST 2012

Hi everyone --

I'm getting better!

And much of it is due to you -- my Daily Drool family.  You acted just
like a family when I needed you most.  You wrapped me in such caring and  love
-- so many cards, and e-mails, and presents, and prayers.  There's an
important link between mind and body, and your love helped my mind so that my
body could heal.

Your cards and messages (I've printed out all your e-mails) came into the
hospital with me, and have been at my bedside at home ever since -- I can't
tell  you how many times at 2 a.m. (including last night) I re-read them for
 strength!  (And for laughter -- basset pictures should be bottled and
prescribed by every doctor as the best medicine.)  I had a complication  about
two weeks ago which set me back a bit, and I turned to all of your  messages
for comfort and support once again.

I live by myself and am an only child, so while my friends have been
absolutely wonderful, there are many times when I am alone, and that's when your
caring means the world to me -- because in the midst of fear or pain or
despair  or just loneliness, I think of all of you and read the thoughtful,
loving words  you have written (and look at the wonderful Drool gifts that
surround me) and I  realize I am not alone.

We're all lucky to be part of this very special Drool family.  You've  been
part of my life for -- is it 17 years?  (I've never been good at  math, and
now I have an excuse!)  You all have your own worries and  illnesses and
daily problems, so I am touched beyond words how you have  reached out to me.
I can never tell you how much that has meant.

I'm frustrated because every day I try to write thank you notes to the dear
 Droolers who have sent me such perfect gifts.  But I'm having some
trouble writing (my surgeon says that will improve, it just moves slowly) -- I'm
dictating this to a friend now -- so I haven't been able to write thank-you
cards yet, but please know how much everything means to me, and that I'll
write  as soon as I can.

I just wanted to tell you again (and again and again and again, if I could)
 how much the protective embrace of your love has comforted and protected
me  these last few weeks.  You are my family, and I don't know how I would
have  been able to get through this painful, scary journey without you.

Here's a big e-hug for every one of you -- I just wish it could be in
person!  You mean so much to me.

Love,
Beth H. (seeing and thinking and doing better every  day!)