[Dailydrool] Charlie

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 09:23:35 PST 2012

Well behaved? Obedient? All in reference to a basset hound?!?!?!
BWAHAHAHAHAH! Not at my house!!

I don't have any words of wisdom for you Elizabeth. Your note just made me
VERY grateful that we had our Suzy's leg and our foster Tybee's leg
surgically broken when they were puppies or their future would be what
you're going through with your Charlie. Both of their diagnosis was exactly
what Charlie's is. I know of one family who went through the orthopedic
surgery that you're contemplating with their adult hound. Both legs, same
as Charlie. I know the recovery was very long for their dog but the result
is amazing and has certainly improved the quality of life for Aggie (their
hound). If I can find their info, I will send it to you.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (all who will charm the socks
off people but obedient and well behaved are not in their vocabulary!)