[Dailydrool] vaccinations for older dogs

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 6 11:23:10 PST 2012

I almost lost my Cyrus a year ago to vaccinations.  They gave him a 3 year
rabies and a 3 year dystemper at the same time and he got sick and then he got
sicker and within 3 days he couldn't get up .... we got him to the emergency vet
and they gave him shots of "stuff" and brought my baby back.  He was 7.  Now the
vet says no more vaccinations for him.  She says she can write a note for the
license.

Then, on the 31st I took Snoopy (who is 6) in for shots.  I thought they were
giving the one year rabies and the 1 year dystemper (which is what I wanted) but
when they brought him out and I paid I found out they gave him the 3 years
(whoops).  I was very scared but Snoopy was/is just fine.

I wouldn't give them on the same day.  I don't know what I'm going to do when
Snoopy is 9.  They go to the dog park multiple times weekly so they need to be
immune.

clueless momPerson