[Dailydrool] puppies...

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 19:54:19 PDT 2012

oh my! Droopy Basset rescue took in 6 of the bassets that were rescued (bought) from an amish puppy mill auction in Ohio yesterday. ( a total of 11 were bought- the others will travel on to NJ tomorrow I believe). The funds were donated by many folks across the country.
Thank you and God Bless you to those who did that end of it. Over 400 dogs were auctioned off- many different breeds.
We are fostering two of the babies- 12 weeks old, a boy and a girl.
The state of these hounds is one of the saddest I have ever seen. All the adults have splayed (flattened) paws- because they never walked anywhere but in their wire crates. All of them let Judy take care of ear cleaning and nail trimming ect without putting up a fuss at all. They are thin- not starved, but certainly no extra meat on them either. The oldest is 4- most of the adults have nasty teeth and will need dentals. All of them will need spaying and neutering.
The two little ones I have here- have never seen a toy, slept on a blanket or know much about the world in general. We will teach them what they need to know and will make sure they are ready for their furever home.
Elvis is just fine with them- he likes puppies. Peaches is not so sure- she told 'em off for getting too close, and Peanut-my gentle giant- rolls over for them. They have only met face to face for a few minutes though- the puppies have not had vet care, so all will be kept separate until we know everyone is safe to be together. They go in an x-pen outside- and my gang can sniff them that way for now. Potty areas are kept separate too for now. It has been many years since there was a puppy in this house, and these guys just seem so tiny.
If you have a few dollars to spare~ would you consider sending some to Droopy? It would help a lot with their vet bills which will be rolling in. Our vet is the greatest and really charges as little as possible- but it still adds up. Judy has all the auction hounds at Droopy until tomorrow- so they all ( but the babies) received flea and tick treatments today as well.
If you are looking to add another furkid to your home~ they will be up on Droopy's website as soon Judy has time to get them on there and as soon they are deemed healthy and ready by the vet.
www.droppybassetrescue.org
from a full house tonight :) Angelika