[Dailydrool] our clalendar day

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 1 19:55:41 PDT 2012

Those are my babies on today's calendar. That picture was actually taken
 the day I brought Dolly home. She'd been left at my vet for euthanasia
because she was peeing in the house. We hadn;t seen her for 3 years, but
 the owner didn't even want to check her urine to see if she had an
infection. She was 8 years old. I wasn't working that day, but everyone
knew I would have a coronary so thank God the vet asked if we could find
 her a home instead. I walked into work the next day and here was this
beautiful face looking right into my eyes, saying HEY!!! I said I would
take her home to "foster" her and see what the peeing thing was. This
picture is what happened when she made it in the door. We met all the
hounds individually outside, but this is her first meeting with the
whole bunch and she fit in perfectly. Well, you can't see Bunny the
weimaraner on the couch gritting her teeth, but otherwise, life was
great! My hubby had been complaining that none of the bassets liked to
sit on his lap, and that was her next stop. She literally melted into
him. I am not at all ashamed to say I flunked fostering this one. I knew
 it the minute she said HEY!!! And the whole peeing thing never
happened. I've had her almost two years now and she still seems to have
been here her whole life. We all love her, except for Bunny who's still
gritting her teeth. She was a foster flunk too, so you'd think she'd cut
 her some slack!
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Bernie, Dolly, and Bunny (my jaw hurts