[Dailydrool] Drool for Dexter

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jul 2 08:19:50 PDT 2012

Yesterday, my eye got really hurty. It does that sometimes, 'cause I have glaucoma. That's when my mama tosses me in the backseat of the car and drives me to the other vets. The people there are really nice. They know me, even though it's a big vet office and they see lots of dogs and cats. I always make up to the folks there, and they adore me!

But there's a reason why I make up to them. They do lots of hurty things to me there. Once they even stuck a needle in my eye. Ouch! But I know why mom takes me there. 'Cause after I've been there, my eye feels better.

So yesterday mama and papa drove me to the big vet's. I wasn't too happy about being there, and I had good reason--they left me behind. I am lying in a cage right now, hoping the mama will bail me out of here soon. I heard her say something about seeing the eye doctor today (he's the one who stuck the needle in my eye), so I hope I will see her soon and go home with her. I love my mama more than anyone, even if she did leave me.

Please, sling drool my way. I heard the vet last night say I might have to be here two days, and I really don't want to be. My eye started feeling better overnight, and I really want to be with my mama. I won't even complain about the c at t or Holly, if they'll just let me go home!
C. Dexter Haven, the Dashing Basset who just wants to come home

[Note from mama: Dex has it right. We took him to the ER vet because his third eyelid was going up and staying up. It looked real painful, so even though the eye vet isn't there until today, we had to take him. When I called this morning, they said Dex's numbers were down, so I hope I'll be bringing him home after the 2:45 PM appointment with the eye vet.

Boy, do I miss my little man. It's quiet here with only one dog and a cat in the house. Even the short-term foster, Bailey, has gone to her new home. I'm missing my baby boy.]