[Dailydrool] Dexter's home!

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jul 2 13:39:10 PDT 2012

Well, humphhh, the human did come to pick me up at the vet's, and they were glad to let me go. But I let her know how miserable she is as a food (and other things) slave. One of the girls who takes care of hurting houndies took me to do my business. We walked right past my waiting mama, and I just ignored her. I had to let her know that leaving hounds in hurty places is simply not acceptable. When I agreed to live with the slaves, I never expected this. Wasn't it enough that I was left at a place like that after I lost my eye? These slaves should know better. I'm never letting slaves dump me again, at least not without a lot of payback.

While we were in the vet's office, I also made the mama worry about me. I hunched my back up and put my nose to the ground. She got worried that I might be in early stages of something called bloat, so she checked me out, but she didn't find anything to support that fear. The eye vet didn't think I had a problem, so we went home. On the way home in the car, I made sure to drool all over the sling thing mama has to keep me in the backseat. Now she doesn't know if it's watery barf or drool (people are so silly that way). Then when I got home, I made sure to drink a whole lot of water, to make mama worry some more.

I am now in her office, sleeping off the horrors of that vet visit. I won't let her forget this for a long time. Maybe I won't sleep with her tonight, either.
C. Dexter Haven, the offended Dashing Basset (no one can show deep offense like a basset)