[Dailydrool] who gets the money from the puppy mill auction

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:41:12 PDT 2012

Karen asked who gets the money from the puppy mill auction and so as the
person who currently handles the money I thought I would answer that
question~~the jerk of a puppy miller does~~David Hershberger made hundreds
of thousands of dollars last Saturday and all we have to be thankful for is
that SOB is out of business it was a complete dispersal sale equipment and
all..But lets not kid ourselves someone else will take up where he left
off...I do not know the particular reason for his sale a few we did last
year the USDA was pulling there licenses for infractions..but it almost
seems the Amish are a sovereign nation in that the officials seem to stay
away (maybe for fear of disappearing) ...  but the truth is there...stop
the demand (at the pet store and internet buying of dogs) and they will
stop breeding them they are in it for the money

great 10 second PSA http://www.bluespringvalleydogs.com/ don't let the
start fool you (don't worry no gore)

Many think we shouldn't get these dogs but I disagree they have paid there
debt they have a chance to get out and they deserve it...I too would never
buy a pet store pet that is not "rescue" no matter the spin on it..but
these dogs do deserve rescue and for each one of them out of the cycle
saves rescue dollars and time cause each of there 15-20 pups a year likely
will be back in the cycle some day.

How can you stop this horrific practice..there are a few thing you can
do..first hunt out places in your area that sell pets..go to the store on
purpose on a busy day..walk to where the pups  are and then loudly so
everyone in the store can hear you say..omg I came for dog food but I would
never buy anything there you sell dogs and I don't care what you tell your
customers these dogs come from puppy mills and I can sleep at night cause I
won't buy anything from this store until you quit selling them and I don't
know how any of you and look the other people in the eye can either...a few
will get it..then go to your town council meetings find out what the stance
is on pet sales in stores try to inform them of what is going on..elect
officials who care and are disgusted  as well..lobby to change laws in your
state against puppy mills here is a great article if you want to know how
your state is doing
http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2012/03/hsus_puppy_mill_state_ranking_031212.html

Primarily tho the treatment of dogs is not really going to change until we
can get there classification changed from property to a living being..in my
mind that is the stumbling block for abuse cases, puppy mills and all that
is wrong with the treatment of all animals ie domestic pets, circus
animals, lab testing...they are just property so even if you get caught
doing something it is no different than scratching your car..

if you would like to see pics of the hounds you can see them at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3688491684792.148446.1050191007&type=3&l=7ad979e32d
<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3688491684792.148446.1050191007&type=3&l=7ad979e32d>
Its a public link Im not sure if you can see it if you dont have facebook
but it is the only place they are posted (those without facebook account
can have an account they dont use but can then see pics posted on facebook)

Hopefully (but I know differently) there won't be more auctions this
year..for some reason we aren't allowed to post about them on the drool but
if you would like more info you are always welcome to email me at
cowbobdog at gmail.com

Kathy Nali & Bobby from Heaven who believed every Basset deserved a forever
home

Message: 11
Who gets the money from the puppy mill auction?
Karen