[Dailydrool] Announcement

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:03:43 PDT 2012

On Bob and Jasmines gotcha day June 22nd Bobby got me to look at Petfinder
dogs..and low and behold this boy looked just like Bob enough so that when
I saw he was on Petfinders thru San diego basset rescue and I am facebook
friends with them I thought I would at least find out this boys story..the
poor boy had such a sad story to tell..one of being loyal to his daddy for
12 years and his daddy not being loyal to him..of spending way over half
his life at the vet and the pet sitter (which ended up being a good thing)
while this man only cared about him when it was convenient~~his story could
have ended in April when he bloated but it didnt cause his pet sitter loved
him and took him to the er and after surviving bloat surgery and getting
well..this dirt bag asked the vet to put him to sleep..why one might
ask..cause he was worried it would happen again...cause he was frail after
the surgery and never bounced back...NO..cause he had told his friends he
had had a stroke and died and didnt want his friends to know he was a
liar..so kill your 12 year old dog so your friends will think you are
great..well we know what we think of him...Lucky for Basil the pet sitter
in order to get the er to treat has said he was her dog..so the vet who
knew him his whole life could legally question his ownership and refused to
put him to sleep..the jerk finally had some conditions like they not tell
anyone (but we didnt agree to that) and so he has been living at the vets
and the pet sitters since April..when we heard this sad story we knew that
no one would want a 12 year old basset who has a history of bloat and that
he deserved a forever home whether it be for 6 days or 6 years..we knew
that old owner wasnt going to the bridge and this boy would need someone to
wait for so  last Thursday daddy flew to Santa Barbara and rented a car and
drove back and brought Basil home...he is such a good boy and no trouble
altho it ends up he is totally deaf and very arthritic as well~~but he is
home now and he doesn't have to worry about ever being thrown away
again~~many many thanks to his Aunt Jerri for helping us to get our boy
here are some pics if you want to see him
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3691664284105.148517.1050191007&type=3&l=08b386ab33

Some would say he hit paydirt but I think we dad

Kathy