[Dailydrool] The price of gas these days? $180

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:48:46 PDT 2012

Yes, I found out the price of gas last weekend. Now I'm not sure just
exactly how MUCH gas; not a gallon, I'm sure but it was expensive. It
started out Sunday morning with little old Miss Cleo making a beeline for
home after our morning walk. She didn't stop and poop and she generally
does. After we get home, she lay down on her bed but kept panting and her
breathing was more rapid. Even after a cool-off period, she was still
acting that way and she was also restless, getting up frequently and
moving, then laying back down. I felt her tummy and it seemed pretty full
but it wasn't hard. I thought she might be constipated (we're dealing with
that more now in her golden years) but just to be on the safe side and I
gave her some Gas-X drops and waited awhile.

Nothing seemed to change so I called the vet. She was due to be dropped off
the next morning for booster shots, and her anals and her toebones done,
but I asked if I could bring her on in. So I dropped the "Queen" off and
they called me after a bit and said they couldn't find a thing but that
yes, her little tummy was kind of full. So "just to be on the safe side"
they did an x-ray, to make sure there weren't any blockages, etc.

I came back in a little while to find most of the vet techs laughing. Doc
showed me the x-ray and yes, her little tummy was full, but everything else
looked just fine. Then she said "See all the dark in the colon? That's gas
and she was pretty full UNTIL the girls trimmed her toenails." Apparently,
Miss Cleo ripped off one about a mile long and, of course, the tech people
still find dog farts pretty darn funny. So Miss Cleo got to entertain
everyone and I got a "gas bill" for $180, plus the other stuff she had done!

Yes, that's old worrywart mama me! Tons of drool going out on the loss of
Tallulah, Hector, and that one-of-a-kind clown boy, Frank the Tank. Also
for Beulah, who may never have had a loving home, but we love you Beulah! I
hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July and that your babies don't
get too wigged out from the fireworks. My two could sleep through a
hurricane!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."