[Dailydrool] News from PBF headquarters

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 14:25:36 PDT 2012

This is Bo, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Basset Feet

First of all, happy fourth of July to our American human slaves. We bassets would appreciate if you would refrain from exploding fireworks in celebration. Bassets have sensitive ears and the battle was won more than a couple of centuries ago.
Congratulations to the ASTT on its recent victory over terrorist suicide squirrelistans. PBF headquarters are also under attack--not by squirrelistans but by suicide Rataliban operatives. After the most recent sabotage initiative several months ago when Rataliban forces tunneled through the piping to the human slaves' dishwasher to attain access to PBF headquarters, causing massive flooding, the human dad slave blocked escape routes in the kitchen walls. Apparently he failed to also block access routes. Suicide ratalibans not only accessed the dishwasher pipes again, causing renewed flooding, but then expired in the walls. Mom slave has been digging out the fallen enemies and burying them in the trash. It is not a pretty (nor fragrant) mission.
We have called in allied forces to repel the invasion. A new neighborhood tomcat has taken command of the Kitty Korps. He has begun patrolling the yard around PBF headquarters. Our backyard sentry, Harriet the Hen, is wary of him. Our lanai sentry, Dora the Dove, who has a nest on the balcony, is beside herself, but Lt. Harley has been keeping the Kitty Kommander from ascending the stairs to the lanai. The Kitty Kommander did stroll through our doggie door one day into PBF headquarters and surveilled the place, then turned and left when he spotted Lt. Harley and myself asleep on the floor. This was reported by the Mom slave who watched in amazement. Lt. Harley is quite territorial and would have given chase had he been awake. Human slaves have captured four live prisoners in their traps and deported them this week.
Finally, we are saddened by the passing of so many gallant hounds in recent weeks. We will raise a flag to honor all of them. Bo, CIC PBF