[Dailydrool] Intro

Melissa Meyerhofer mameye66 at att.net
Tue Jul 3 18:17:59 PDT 2012

Hi everyone just joined this group.  My family is the proud owner of an 18
month old Basset male.  Buddy was found wandering.  He is microchipped but
the listed owner never responded to emails from the chip company (phone was
disconnected). so as of July 1st he was transferred to us.

We've owned Beagles in the past . this is our first Basset.  And we LOVE him
so!

Buddy is listed as  red and white (although I suspect he is more mahogany)
and he weighs 45 pounds.  People always say to me that they have never seen
a skinny Basset before . but my vet says this is a good weight.

Buddy seems to have a terrible grass allergy.  We've already had to put him
on steroids.  He has the yeasty ears . constantly growing nails . and anal
gland issues.  My reading seems to indicate these a fairly typical.

We are surprised how strong a clinch he has.  It hurts when he play bites!
And how tall he is when he jumps up to steal food or paper off the counter.
He is a paper-a-holic.  Loves to steal toilet rolls too!

Thanks!

Melissa

Buford, GA