[Dailydrool] Hookworms

dee- diane ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:44:03 PDT 2012

Grrrrr I am so angry with people who do not pick up poop.  My sweet Ella Louise has hookworm.  We are constantly battling the non poop pickerupers.  Now if I catch anyone I will want to strangle them.  Because she is on Trifexes, the case was mild.  If this is mild I would hate to see full blown hookworm.  One moment she was find and the next she has blood coming our of her anal area.  Within 30 minutes she was in the room with the vet.  Now I an going to bleach the yard.  Any other ideas?   My sweet girl is not herself and with this heat I am really being protective.  She is eating chicken and rice and still after a week she has diahrrea and some blood.  This has been scary.  I am beginning to wonder if I should keep her on Trifexis.  Dones anyone else use this?

Diane and Ella Louise