[Dailydrool] Pawtunia and Rusty are on holiday in the Mountains......not humans, just Rusty and Pawtunia

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 08:25:01 PDT 2012

Whew! It has been a hot and crazy week. Last Friday night the nasty storm took out power. We were blessed to only have a big branch land in the back yard.  Many others in our town had them come through their roofs or land on their cars. Roads were blocked, traffic lights out for days, businesses closed. National news  kinda bad weather. He slave had a neighbor's broken tree rip a power line from the side of his office building. It took until Tuesday for the electric company to take out the wire. He's removed the log, and is waiting for an electrician to reconnect the meter to the building. Then he has to wait for the electric company to reconnect the wires. Hopefully he will then have power and be able to get back to work. Power came back on, at home, Monday night....but the air conditioning went out on Tuesday, all duriing a 95 degree plus heat wave.

In light, or dark, of the above, Pawtunia and Rusty have been enjoying a sojourn at her breeders, hereinafter known as Hank and Sharon's mountain retreat. It is cooler, they have Pawtunia's pack for company and Rusty has the pleasure of convincing Hank that he only poops during walkies, no matter how many fenced yards and houndie doors there are......We were going to pick them up, yesterday, but then the AC blew...and we know the houndies are better off where they are. Many thanks to Hank and Sharon for the vacation. Rusty did make Rich grill everything in the now emptied freezer that could be pawsibly grilled and send it with him. We aren't sure who got the entire box of  Omaha Steak filet mignons.........

Pawtunia had not been feeling well and is much happier where it is cooler. She is taking her pills and stuff and is now well on her way to recovery from Lymes and an icky infected spot on her skin. She does not have the nasty thing the vet (and we) thought likely. Whew again.

Crossin paws the AC can be fixed pronto...cause we are picking up Pawtunia and Rusty on Saturday........so they can contemplate whether either or both will be able to take a little vacation to Western Pennsylvania for Slobberfest next weekend.

Miss em.

dawnslave

....at least we aren't in Colorado or Minnesota where there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse weather.