[Dailydrool] What I learned today

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 16:16:29 PDT 2012

Momma here. One that is as hot and bored as the rest of the Beach Gang, but it has been a informative day of sorts......we have had the dog door shut today, just too hot out there, it hit 102 by my thermometer this afternoon, and it was a go out only as needed day for the hounds.Supervised, no lagging kids, get in the house--pee and roll now please. Bess, no, really I would of opened the door-----

Note to self: we are out of carpet steam cleaner.

I got out and did the food shopping early and stopped at the farm, got some wonderful veggies, almost all for the hounds much to Brudder Elwoods displeasure. Squash was on sale, he now has plenty of it in the bowl, the garden this year has about wilted to death. He was gleeful as he really thought he was going to miss this food event this year---fooled him!
Then a stop at the grocery, oh my, steak, yes steak on sale--steak...oh how I have missed steak, I splurged, it would be steak for dinner!!! So home I go, hmmmmmm--little warm in the home, yup, the AC is not cooling right. Second time this year on a 3 year old unit. Sure was a good thing our AC guy is our good friend and his toes were under my table for burgers last weekend---so we are up and cooling for the time, there is maybe a slow leak somewhere, but you know---today is NOT the day to tear this thing apart and have a look-see. A load of whatever will keep us cool another day or maybe forever, who knows.

Time to grill the steak, you know how bad I want this to grill in the back yard in this heat, but off I go---steak in paw. Bessie is the only one to escort me. Meat on the grill, I spy a red tomato on the vine, wooo hooo--paydirt in the garden. I walk over to pluck it and turn around and the grill is on fire, flames, big ones, with my beloved steak in the middle of the inferno. Now I was steak commited--I wrangle the steak off the grill and see the drip pan is totally on fire--I think--okay grease fire, I ran for the house, yelling FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grab the salt container--and ran with the Morton's back to the grill, hubby in tow--he was trying to get the propane tank off and here I am with the salt box going after the flames.
Salt box had maybe 1/4 of a cup.

Note to self: we are out of salt.

The tank is now in the middle of the yard, Bessie is hovering at the fence, and now all bets are off. Bring on the hose. This thing is flaming. What a mess, but the fire is out, got Bess in the house and the grill is in shambles.

Note to self: we need a new burner for the grill. Maybe a new grill. It looks pretty grizzly.

I did get my steak, which was the good news of the day, but I have to say, I worked for it.

What did I learn today? That I need to shop tomorrow.

Drool to all in need--we have plenty!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake