[Dailydrool] Soloxine for Slow Thyroid

Carol Gazzara carolgazzara at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 7 13:25:36 PDT 2012

   Well, after so many attempts at losing weight and failing; we now have a diagnosis of "possible slow thyroid" for our very Lazy but loveable Rosie.

    Her Thyroid levels came back on the "very low side of normal" and the Vet wants to try a 2 month test of "Soloxine".

I did some research and it can have bad side effects.

I wonder, my wonderful Droolers:  does anyone have experience with this med or Slow Thyroid in their Basset?

Vet first wanted to try a "Supplement" by Standard Process called "Canine Thyroid Support" but I think we are beyond a Supplement.

Please help with this decision...

Carol & Rosie in Florida