[Dailydrool] Post Waddle Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 7 13:20:59 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

I've been resting up after the waddle.  Wow, waddling is a lot of work.  There
were a whole bunch of hounds .... I think there must have been 100 hounds.  The
folks at GGBR had everything all set up with easy ups for shade and even
transportation to the start.  That was the best part .... riding in a van with
10 humans and around 20 hounds.  LuLu was the only other hound I knew in our run
.... now I ask you, what other breed could you load 20 strange dogs and 10
strange people onto the floor of a van and drive?  We were all grins and
giggles.  And then, and then, we saw Thor!!!  We really did, he was there.  And
my love Chelsea, she came too.  She bumped her way right on through and stood up
against me and we snuggled standing up.  And then ... BOOM!!!  There was a loud
cannon sound and all the dogs were VERY afraid (me too, I was shaking) and OH,
poor LuLu was terrified and poor Thor too .... and he never quite got over the
boom.

And then, we waddled.  By then it was around 11 AM and around 80 degrees and we
waddled down the street (playing in the street just like momPerson) for about
8/10 of a mile.  You wanna know what?  It's the longest 8/10 of a mile I've ever
walked, and I walk over a mile every day.  I let all the kids pet me and with
all the crowd (there was a couple thousand people watching us waddle, it was a
whole 4th of July parade) and excitement, but the end all the bassets had their
tongues hanging out.  About half way I felt a bump and I looked and there was
Chelsea!  She is blind from birth but she can always find me so she does and
bumps on in and we walk together hip bump shoulder bump hip bump shoulder bump
side by side.  I love my Chelsea.  Her momPerson says we can have a playdate and
she'll even bring Thor too.  We got some water near the end and then right at
the end ... GGBR with easy ups and shade and more water and TREATS for
memememememememememe.

And that was our waddle.  We raised $165 for homeless hounds and every dollar
came from droolers, you guys are the best, thank you very much.

Love Snoopy .... with LuLu (who is sunning herself and has asked not to be
disturbed) and Cyrus (who has been informed by LuLu that he is no longer alpha
and is taking it under advisement, more on this later)