[Dailydrool] Bones

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 08:53:22 PDT 2012

I bought each of the dogs-Roland, Truman and Data, a meaty bone a couple of
days ago.  At about 6 pm I let them into the backyard with the bones.
 Everyone was very happy, but I didn't see Roland in the yard.  I wasn't
worried, but went out to check on his whereabouts five minutes later.  He
was lying right in the middle of one of my raised beds, chewing his bone
which was held between his paws.

Earlier he had chewed up the fennel plant and eaten fennel leaves and
lettuce.  Now the remainder was mostly lying squished under his body.

I have the beds mostly barricaded, but obviously not securely enough.  His
Majesty has made it his business to thwart my vegetable dreams this year.
 The tomatoes have been relocated out of the backyard, where they did
extremely well last year, due to a pillaging of the tomato plants by
Roland, Truman and even new (last year) dog Data.

Roland: keep well-hydrated-check; get plenty of vitamins-check; rest during
the heat of the day-check!
--
Janice Henry Colvin