[Dailydrool] Sun-worshiping hounds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Jul 8 09:47:29 PDT 2012

Our Dexter loves lying in the sun. Usually, I have to drag him in, because he just wants to hang out in this terrible heat--though as far as I know, we haven't hit 100 yet, it's muggy and in the 90s every day. Holly, having a thick coat, runs right to the door as soon as her business is finished. She can't wait to get back in the air-conditioning.

Those thin-coated bassets seem to love sunbathing--our Belvedere was just the same as Dex in this. Even when their tongues are hanging out, they still may not get the message and go in easily. Dex has so many other problems at the moment that I don't want to add to them, so I haul him in whether he likes it or not. Only occasionally will he come perfectly willingly.

So don't expect your hound to be the arbiter on when it's too hot, especially if you have a sun worshiper.

Bev, I'm so glad your Conley is OK.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets