[Dailydrool] The Houndettes

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:56:42 PDT 2012

The four beautiful hounds on the July 9th DD calendar are the Houndettes.
We had hoped to put them on July 12th for our 40th anniversary but I wasn't
fast enough last year when we chose our dates so they are on my birthday
instead. That picture is one of at least 50! Trying to get four hounds to
sit still and look in the same direction at the same time is, at best, a
challenge.

We're with Bev and Debbie....it is HOT here in NC and we have a house full
of bored Houndettes. They have been allowed out for a good length of time
first thing in the morning and then out and immediately back in for the
rest of the day until its dark and cooler outside in the evening. Suzy, who
is the youngest, and Jersey, who is the oldest, both suffer terribly in the
heat. I can see both of them doing what Conley did if I lost track of how
long they were outside right now. Then our eight year old granddaughter
spent a couple of days with us during this miserable heat wave. Jersey sees
her as an easy mark and scored repeatedly on the poor kid. Half a sandwich,
part of a popcicle, half of an ice cream sandwich, a peanut butter and
jelly waffle. The list got pretty long. I swear this old Jersey girl
literally levitates when she's trolling for food. And she's fast! Really
fast when she wants to be! Apparently the motivation has to be just right
but this old girl can still move when she wants to.

Remember, voting starts tomorrow. Lets help the next basset hound rescue
win that prize!

The Houndettes are sending heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger