[Dailydrool] Overheated Dogs

lois.leader at cox.net lois.leader at cox.net
Sun Jul 8 17:40:19 PDT 2012

I really appreciated Momperson's detailed description of Conley's overheating "intervention." We live outside of Phoenix on the desert. Temps are 110 degrees and over right now and will be for the next month at least. Newcomers often underestimate the power of our desert heat and lose their dogs by leaving them outside for what seems to them like a short period. It is good to know that a Basset's ears are prime targets for cool down action. I will keep that and the stuffing-with-frozen-vegetables technique in mind as we slog through our convection oven summer. Thanks for the info!

Lois Leader and her Desert Dogs: Bobo, Misty, and Scout