[Dailydrool] Surgery for Dexter

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Jul 9 09:41:33 PDT 2012

This morning I took Dexter to a local vet who does enucleation surgeries (in which they remove a blind eye). Though I'm not looking forward to it, I have a sense of relief. Dex will no longer be in constant, miserable pain once he's healed up from the surgery. And the good news is that the doc was able to fit him in tomorrow, so we won't have to worry for days and days until he gets the surgery done.

As usual, even without an eye to see with, Dex charmed both the vet and vet techs. He proves that you don't have to see to be a lover. He happily greets anyone who calls his name.

So if the Drool hounds would sling drool in Dex's direction, and if the humans, who don't drool sufficiently, would remember him in their prayers and thoughts, we'd appreciate it. He's due at the vet's at eight AM, EST.

I'm sure Dex will do very well getting to the vet's, since he has no problem walking outside, with a little direction. But he's terrified, in the house, of running into Holly or something more stationary. We will have to work on that by making the house more blind-basset friendly.

And I have to say a big thank-you to everyone who has e-mailed me with drool, thoughts, and prayers. They are much appreciated.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, one of whom may not be dashing for a few days (though he is always dashing in the other meaning of that word)