[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 223, Issue 2

BETHAHANNA at aol.com BETHAHANNA at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 12:36:31 PDT 2012

I have had four dogs on soloxine.  No side effects.  I presently  have two
on it and they are doing fine.

Beth Hanna
Mom to Sophie, Dora and Abbey

In a message dated 7/9/2012 2:24:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Message:  11
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 16:25:36 -0400
From:  Carol Gazzara  <carolgazzara at hotmail.com>
To: Daily Drool   <dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org>
Subject: [Dailydrool] Soloxine  for  Slow Thyroid

?? Well, after so many attempts  at  losing weight and failing; we now have
a diagnosis of "possible  slow thyroid"  for our very Lazy but loveable
Rosie.

??? Her  Thyroid levels came back  on the "very low side of normal" and the

Vet wants to try a 2 month test of  "Soloxine".

I did some  research and it can have bad side effects.

I wonder, my  wonderful Droolers:? does anyone have experience with  this
med or  Slow Thyroid in their Basset?

Vet first wanted to try a   "Supplement" by Standard Process called "Canine
Thyroid Support" but I  think  we are beyond a Supplement.

Please help with this   decision...