[Dailydrool] Dexter with no vision

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:05:15 PDT 2012

Hi Pam.  We went through this years ago with our Pw, Annabelle, back
in 2001.  The good news was that after she healed from the enucleation
surgery, she recovered almost all of her old spirit and bounce; we
didn't realize how much the pain (or maybe the meds, or both) was
altering her personality until we got our "old" Annabelle back!

She also adjusted very wellto moving about inside and in the yard.
Have you ordered the book "Living with Blind Dogs", by Caroline Levin?
 It's on amazon.com.  Please do so immediately, if not sooner.  It
tells you everything you need to do to give your dog his confidence
and independence back; it's a really wonderful book.

Also, I assume you've joined the Yahoo blinddogs group?  They're
wonderful knowledgeable people who do their best to answer any and
every question quickly and thoroughly.

AND here's a list of tips that were extremely helpful to us.  Esp.
read and implement tips 7, 8 and 9!  :)
http://www.blinddogs.com/tips.htm
--
Menzie Campbell