[Dailydrool] More: Bloat

Marilyn Deucher mjdeucher at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 09:04:16 PDT 2012

Well, cut that one off too soon!

As I said, be familiar with the signs of bloat:  swollen belly, unproductive vomiting, and pain.  We are 8 miles from the emergency clinic and I made it there in 14 minutes.  She was in full bloat, but when the doctor inserted the needle to release the gas, he said he felt her tummy flip back over! Fortunately, she suffered no damage, but he did tack her stomach, and she was able to come home the next evening.  I had always wondered if I would be able to recognize the signs in time -- I guess I did, but I hope I never need to go through it again.

As I said, she's doing find; hopes to be at Slobberfest this weekend.  Last week, she scored a half a loaf of Italian bread -- a few more gray hairs for me -- and no supper for her.

Bassets - gotta love 'em!
Marilyn