[Dailydrool] Wellnes v. Blue Buffalo

Marilyn Deucher mjdeucher at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 08:55:31 PDT 2012

I know both are excellent foods; For us, I have used Wellness Weight Management for as long as I can remember - maybe ten years.  I haven't had a weight problem (or an allergy problem) with it.  Our vet said Chunky and Olivia are the only two bassets she has ever seen at such good weights - including hers!  Chunky, who is a big guy, weighs about 58 lbs. and Olivia weighs in around 52.   Not too many treats; they all love veggies, and I use the tiny little puppy sized biscuits.  They don't care how small they are, as long as they get something.

It has been a stressful summer for us:  I have been incredibly busy at work (even had to miss the Michigan Waddle for the first time in 12 years); the heat has been miserable, and Olivia bloated about 4 weeks ago and had to have emergency surgery.  She is doing fine now and very proiud of her "zipper".  And I have a few more gray hairs!

I cannot stress enough:  KNOW THE SIGNS OF BLOAT