[Dailydrool] Senior Molly Needs Second Surgery

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 10:20:25 PDT 2012

Hi all!

We took in a sweet, sweet senior girl that is at least 12 years old and was a neglect case.  She came to us with a large tumor that went from her mouth and penetrated her nasal cavity.  Most of her teeth had rotted out as well.  Needless to say she was skin and bones since she couldn't eat (even when they remembered to throw some food out to her)  Her first surgery was for the tumor to be removed and the hole between the mouth and nasal cavity to be closed and the remainder of her teeth to be removed.  For the most part, it was very sucessful - she has gained more than 6 pounds!  Unfortunately the surgeon needs to go back in and do some more reconstructive work to close up the hole so that food doesn't travel from her mouth to her nasal passage.  Gross I know but we have no choice but to finish what we've started and if you knew Molly,  you would understand - she is the sweetest most loving thing in the whole world.

We have a chip in to raise the money we need for the additional surgery.  She is supposed to have it on Friday but we haven't raised near enough.  If you could find some cookie money to help her out,  we would appreciate it very much.

http://chesterthebasset.chipin.com/molly-st-lucie-second-surgery

Thanks,

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.