[Dailydrool] Drool needed, please

Veronica Deveau bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:00:40 PDT 2012

First, to make this Basset-related, both Flash (whose pain seems to be under control, thanks to all the drool and prayers he's received.  Thank you all again!) and Wilma both have very strong feelings for their cat-brother, Rambo.

Rambo got out last evening and hasn't come home, yet.  We've always had to be cautious because he has always liked to hover near the door and has, occasionally, tried to 'escape.'  About six o'clock last night I heard a weird clunk, ran to the porch doors and the screened door had fallen in somehow.  What I saw was the full-length screen teetering off its frame and the back of Rambo running hell-bent-for-leather down the hill and into the woods.

He is not an outdoor cat, as I say, and Paul and I are worried beyond measure.  Rambo has never been outside before.  He's not friendly to anyone besides Paul and me and won't let anyone approach him.  Our concern is not dogs (the covenants here demand that fences are not allowed.  That means that all dogs are actually either indoors or attached to leashes at the ends of their owners' hands), or traffic (it's an extraordinarily quiet area), but the woods.  An owl could pick that boy off in a split second.  We have deer (a note to city people:  Deer are wild, unless they're in a petting zoo  Deer kick).  Raccoons (who will shake down anything if they have a mind to).  Foxes.

I am leaving the mudroom door open so Rambo can come inside.  We've put out his favourite blankie and hope that he can, somehow, smell it.  We're hoping that he'll miss Roxy (his cat roommate, for whom he has a slavish devotion).  But what we're *really* afraid of is he simply won't be able to find his way home.

If you could, I would appreciate all the drool and prayers anyone would be kind enough to muster.  Rambo's not even eight pounds and as black as jet.  We're going nuts here.

You know, I used to think that 'sending drool' was nothing more than wishful thinking (or total crap).  But after seeing how effective it is with my own dogs, I *know* it can, and does, work.  I now know that 'sending drool' is compassion elevated beyond an earthly realm.

Thank you.  Sincerely.  Thank you.

Veronica Deveau

(Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia)

"Clear your mind of can't."  Samuel Johnson