[Dailydrool] Goopy eyes

Judith judith at wittelsholdings.com
Fri Jul 13 12:08:34 PDT 2012

Goopy eyes are not always a sign of infection. Our last basset Vinnie had goopy eyes for yrs, I used wash and ointment from the vet. No one ever questions his tear production. I finally took him to an ophthalmologist and no to little tear production. He was a senior about 14 at the time. His pressure was good but tear production was not. If I remember correctly we used tacrolimus and another something and he actually started to produce more tears but always had medication.
Good luck to all who are having problems.
Judy