[Dailydrool] Grieving

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Mon Jul 16 09:01:53 PDT 2012

It was very interesting when Sister Anna died.  Gracie missed her for
probably a week or two, then moved on.  Holly was very subdued for several
months and also stopped eating for probably 6 weeks.  It was interesting to
watch because I would not have said that Holly and Anna were big buddies or
anything like that.  All three girls always got along fine together, but
they mostly went their separate ways.  One of our neighbors up the street
has a little dog that goes walking with us sometimes, she still looks for
Anna when she comes over.

I'll tell you something funny/sad about Anna dying.  We woke up and Anna's
health had taken a big turn for the worse and I knew it was time, so called
and made an appointment to take her in at roughly 10:30 AM.  During that
time Anna peed in the house twice, two huge puddles (she had gone blind
overnight and could not find the pet door), and I just cleaned them up and
didn't say a word, she could not help it.  Second puddle was just a few
minutes before we left.  Well, Miss Holly has always peed in the house if it
is raining or has been raining or even looks like it is thinking about
raining.  I have tried and tried to stop it, but nothing has ever worked.
So the morning Anna died, she peed in the house twice, and Gracie and Holly
were both there watching what all was going on, they knew something was
wrong.  After I got back from the vet's without Anna, they both rushed me
and sniffed and checked out her collar and looked for her.  No Anna.  This
was mid-February, and Holly has not peed in the house to this day, even when
it's raining (and it rains a lot in February).  It took me no time at all to
figure out that Holly thinks I got rid of Anna because she peed in the
house.  Funny.  Sad.  And no, I am not an evil Mama.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net