[Dailydrool] Two foster sisters have been adopted

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:32:38 PDT 2012

I found out from Chris at Western Missouri Basset Hound Rescue that both of
the little girls that I fostered have been adopted. They were adopted
separately and, honestly, it couldn't have happened better. Little Cleo was
the more dominant sister and she could bully Annie, who is such a meek
little girl. Cleo was adopted first and is now being loved on by a
12-year-old boy. Chris said that after Cleo left, Annie came out of her
little shy shell and really started playing with the other dogs and acting
like a pup again. Then the most wonderful thing happened! A mom who has a
12-year-old son with Asperger's called about Annie. Her son was due to get
a service dog when he turned 13 next year but he has always wanted a Basset
Hound. She surprised him with Annie and now Annie is going to be trained to
be a service dog for him! Isn't that amazing?!! And I just bawled when I
read the note that he wrote to Chris. He thanked her and told her how much
he loves Annie. I am so happy for my little foster girls. They both now
have wonderful, loving homes, and little Annie is especially going to be
able to display her amazing tenderness and love. YEAH!!!!!!

On a separate note: today is the day that I find out whether I have won the
weight-loss contest I have been a part of for the last 3 months. It's with
a group of radio stations here in Kansas City and I'm on of 10 people who
have been on the Slim 4 Life program for 3 months. I've lost 47.2 pounds
and I've always felt that I'll be the ultimate winner. One of those weird
feeling you sometimes get where you just know that something is going to
happen. The big prize is a 5-day Eastern Caribbean cruise and a free year
with Slim 4 Life (I'd still like to take off another 10 pounds and then go
through maintenance). Send some positive vibes my way today if you can.

Drool to all in need.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."