[Dailydrool] Slobberfest 2012

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 04:42:54 PDT 2012

First, thank you to all who came and donated- be it moolah or basset crap! The weather was perfect- a little cloudy and breezy to start and then SUN and breeze. We spent a few days prior at Carol's house with Sharon Wilder and the mishgun Queen Xandy Bear as well as her sister Gracie. All hounds had a blast all week playing. Of course we also got to enjoy the puppies I was fostering. Both puppies were adopted at Slobberfest ( to pre-approved homes) and I look forward to hearing about their new lives. There were a couple of other adoptions. Rusty finally got his gold medal and was one proud (rightfully so!) hound! Peri worked the crowd and also helped educate some folks about the 'rare' blue basset. auntie Marilyn came all the way from Ohio to spend the day. So many folks to visit with. The shirts are GREAT this year! It was great seeing some alumni Droopy bassets and how wonderful they are doing. I ate my fill of pulled pork sandwiches ( best you've ever had!) and the hounds had their fill of auntie delivered cookies as well as hot dogs. Elvis was greeted by many who are always surprised to see him yet again. Thank you to everyone who made Slooberfest 2012 a success! Lots of behind the scenes work to pull this off.
droolies, Angelika with Elvis, Peanut and Peaches ( who is missing her little charges, she was a great nanny)