[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 224, Issue 4

Rosemary Glennie rglennie at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 17 14:07:21 PDT 2012

Regarding this post - Who is Cindy Heron, who apparently coordinated Allie
and Bama's transport?

Don Hunt  is the volunteer in the TV commercial who drove the pair a good
distance.  He has become very active in GABR lately and we are lucky to have
him!  He absolutely crazy about basset hounds!  I would be interested in
knowing all rescues involved in helping out Allie and Bama.  It is a
wonderful success story!

Cindy Heron IS  Da Basset Nation/Da Basset Hound Underground Railroad, and
is a God send for transporting dogs.  She, and she alone, organized the
transport of Allie and Bama back to their family.  She should have been the
one to get the glory and the publicity - how many of us have depended on her
to help transport dogs from one state to another?  She desperately needs
volunteers to make these rides possible.  Thanks to Don Hunt for being ONE
of the volunteers to transport these hounds.  In GABR's Constant Contact
email, GABR Facebook,  all I heard/read was "Woohoo GABR".  GABR did not
have anything to do with this transport. I have requested GABR clarify their
statements published, but so far, have not received a reply. Give the glory
where it's due - to Cindy Heron.  Help her to continue her mission - we ALL
need her.