[Dailydrool] Zoey update

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 09:46:13 PDT 2012

Hi all,

and thanks for all the emails with drool for Zoey.

She actually bloated this morning,  after she had her breakfast.  Zoey does
not eat fast,  never seems to inhale a bunch with her food, so not real sure
why she bloated.

Many have said on here that there could be underlying issues that can
contribute to bloat, but again, not sure.  She does have small kidneys,  and
has had her blood values for kidney be off enough that she is on Science
Diet KD.

But she is doing well.  I am thinking she will be home with me this evening,
as they do not have a tech at night in the clinic.  If the Dr insists on her
not being here,  I will move her to the ER, but hope to be able to have her
home.

Bloat can kill a dog rather quickly,  if you are not familiar with the
symptoms,  please find info online and learn about it.  Rapid response is
essential for a good outcome.

We will have a bit of recovery to go through, but I think she will be just
fine...am putting it out to the universe for it to be so!

Sending some extra drool to all who need it today, and thank you Beth for
putting out the update while ago till I could get inline.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!

 <http://www.bassetshop.com/> www.bassetshop.com          shop online and