[Dailydrool] Goodbye my sweet Herbie

bassetsdrool bassetsdrool at cox.net
Mon Jul 30 08:57:28 PDT 2012

Today I am saying good bye to the man in my life..Herbie the Love Bug (AKA
Handsome boy, Hubba Hubba Herbie).  Herbie was diagnosed with vertebral
spondylosis and we've done all we can do for my handsome boy.  Herbie's
quality of life is no longer here and I see it more each day and evening as
he cries for me to help him.  As my friend Erin reminded me, this is the
most important decision we make for our furry kids..so at 7:30pm tonight Dr.
Christina will come to my house where Herbie and I will be surrounded by our
friends as we say goodbye and send him to the Rainbow Bridge where my
Beatrice ATB and Wrinkles ATB will be there to greet him along with all the
others gone before.

Herbie came to me by accident as a foster dog when I was filling in for
intake and I for one am truly grateful that he did.  He was the first male
dog I fostered and ever adopted.  My mom told me he is such a character and
will be truly missed especially his feeding time dances (which he no longer
does). Auntie Mo and I will miss your frito-lay paws.   My dad will miss his
old man walking partner.  I've had 3 years with him and for that I am truly
grateful.  Herbie is such a good boy, puts up with his Diva sister and just
wants loving every day and food of course.  Herbie:  I'll miss you starting
at 3pm "working" it for your dinner while I'm working in my office but I'm
sure I'll still hear you from time to time when it's feeding time.  I'll
miss you pushing on my leg or hand looking for some loving or barking for
treats and so much more.

Please keep Herbie and I in your prayers and thoughts..light a candle for
him tonight as he crosses to the bridge.

Momma loves you my Herbman..

Kim & the Hounds (Herbie the Love Bug & Joanie the DIVA)

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love
yourself." Josh Billings