[Dailydrool] Blind dogs

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Jul 17 11:18:33 PDT 2012

Valerie:
It's not at all uncommon for the humans not to realize a dog is blind until sometime after it happens. We knew our Belvedere had less and less sight, but I only realized he was blind when our new foster, Holly, got him in the nose twice with her teeth. Some people never realize that the sight is even going until it's all lost.

I would just be thankful when a dog loses sight without pain. Glaucoma is very painful, and it hurts to see a dog feel that bad.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets