[Dailydrool] those pesky skin tags again!!

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:17:03 PDT 2012

I don't have any advice for you about what to do about the existing
ones, but there may be something to ask your vet about as far as the
cause of them. I don't know if it's true for dogs, but in humans skin
tags can be a sign of diabetes. It might be something to test for.

Also, if your vet is aware that Lexi is scratching them so badly that
they're bleeding, and he or she still says to just ignore it, you might
consider looking for another vet. Open wounds, regardless of the cause,
are not something to ignore - they're the first step to infection. Any
good vet would tell you that.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB