[Dailydrool] Friday Evening Thoughts

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 16:57:07 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Chris, whenever you have a bad day, just revisit your post about Charlie from a couple weeks ago where he was on the dining room table. Whenever I think of your line that he was wagging his binky butt off because Daddy was home, I cannot help but smile. It is just priceless.

Marlene, I looked online at the Tampa Tribune for any story about Bassets in Brooksville being killed by a cougar. I did not find anything about the dogs. But I did see a story from February 2011 about a guy in Brooksville who was worried about being able to keep his pet cougar due to some city regulation changes.

My bassador Low Bed was recently diagnosed with Lupus. He is on a round of Prednisone now and I think the Lupus is being beaten back into remission. I believe he has always had it. Periodically, his nose will erupt with sores, but this time he was getting lesions on his upper lip and nose. After just a week on Pred, all is healing. I have lined my bedroom with wee wee pads, so when I leave the house, LB is in there. So far so good, the carpets have been spared, but we are really going through the wee wee pads! Tomorrow is his last day on a whole pill, then we decrease to half a pill for what will seem like forever. More like a month, I think.

And Mary Myrtle has hot spots in her armpits and all under her chin. They seemed to coincide with a spell of really hot weather we had here in Middle Tennessee. With medicated pads and drying powder, she is also doing well. But it is so hard to hit a wiggling wagging target with that powder and it ends up on the floor!

Last year, I was the number 2 client at my vet clinic. This year, I think I am on my way to Number One. I recently asked if I could have a wine cooler put in my (imaginary) exam room. I should at least have my own parking spot.

Healing drool to all who need it.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang