[Dailydrool] Clarification

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Fri Jun 1 18:44:47 PDT 2012

I am sincerely not trying to cause trouble, but I see no difference between voting for Washington Basset Rescue in a contest sponsered by a car dealership than a rescue in the Shelter Challenge. The one is a car dealership apparently donating to one of 5 charities. I know WABR already won some money from a credit union. Rescues can use all the support they can get. Shelter Challenge website sells stuff, and then send you emails. The voting for WABR is less threatening to DD members than Shelter Challenge, in my humble opinion. And I personally think it is a far better cause than voting for someone's hound who is entered in a photo contest. (Who may not even be a "rescue") Although I certainly don't mind those posts, and usually try to vote for them.Diversity is good.

And Brenda, maybe I took your post in the wrong way, but suggesting "there are plenty of other places to post"? OK, I thought the DD was about bassets and people who loved them. I have 300 Facebook friends, but there are 3000 on the DD (or at least there were at one time). If you don't want my posts on the DD great, but when did the selecting who gets to post and who is welcome start? The great part of the Drool is the diversity and the fact breeders, rescue people and just plain basset owners come together and share. Sometimes you don't want to read a post--skip it. When you start picking and choosing who gets to post depending on the whims of the mods, something is wrong. And I am sad the Drool is going that direction.
Marilyn Briggs