[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday

kimberly harvey puppilicious at live.com
Sat Jun 2 03:52:35 PDT 2012

Good morning. Today is June 2, 2012. Today is Miss Maggie Mildred's 7th birthday.  What a wonderful,beautiful day for such a wonderful, beautiful girl.  As I write this, she is lying on the couch sleeping but she's aware that I am here. I look at her with so much love and I can't believe she is here. She is a dream come true. Ever since I was a little girl I was obsessed with basset hounds. I used to dream that I would have a house and 2 basset hounds. I even named them Mildred and Barney.  My 16 year old daughter asks me if i dreamed about her and I tell her that I never dreamed of husband and kids. I just dreamed of my 2 basset hounds . I could picture them in my head and and they have been in my head and my heart forever. Of course she is offended. I try to explain to her the best way I can and i think she understands.
Maggie will lay in the bed and snuggle with me even when she doesn't want to. She'll slide away as soon as I am sleeping. She comforts me in ways that no human, no medicine,nothing can. Everything she does is cute and funny. We have to spell in front of her because she knows what we are saying. She is smarter than some people's children. When she rides in the car , she sits like a little girl. Bum on the seat,legs out , arms on the window. There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't put a smile on a stranger's face. Especially in the car, early in the morning. Even the grumpiest people can't help but smile.
My oldest son doesn't like animals but he has come to love Maggie ans is very protective over her (he was with me when she was attacked by 2 dogs).
My middle son loves to feed her. I think when he comes home late at night they snack together(doesn't help he works at KFC) lol
MY daughter is like the cartoon character Elmira. "I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you and never let you go!!!! " Maggie is a good sport. She'll let her have her hugs and kisses  and when she's had enough, she's gone. My daughter always tells Maggie that she is her best friend.
My husband has caught the basset hound syndrome. Maggie is his girl and he rides her around in his truck. they are a country song !!
My love for Maggie is so deep that I can look at her and cry tears of happiness. She loves me. I am her mommy.That is such an honor and dream come true. She brings so much to our family and today we celebrate her.
Happy 7th Birthday Miss Maggie Mildred !!!!!!!  We look forward to 7 more.
I love you !!!!!!!
Mommy

Kimberly & Miss Maggie Mildred ( hopefully there will be a Barney soon)

Have a great day to everyone and your beautiful bassets!!!!