[Dailydrool] Thanks to you all

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at att.net
Sat Jun 2 14:03:24 PDT 2012

Thank-you to all of our Drool friends who sent notes for Copper.  I'll answer
them all individually in time.  Copper would have turned 14 today and we really
wanted him to make that date.  He has been failing gradually for the past 5
months or so.  The last few weeks he has not been eating well.  It's been hard
to tell if he didn't want to or couldn't.   It seemed as though he might have a
sore tooth or mouth problem.  An exam and x-rays revealed that he had a very
large mass in his abdomen.  It was pushing on his spine and organs.  Dr. Bob
said that we could bring him home for the weekend, but it seemed kinder to let
him go then.  Neal and I drove out to the vet and Copper was awake, but
groggy.   We were able to say good-bye and tell him we loved him.   For such a
little guy, he leaves a huge hole in our hearts and our home.

Barb, mom to Wilbur, Duncan and Buddy the not-a-basset, with Max, Gretta and now
Copper (ATB)